New contest 7-18-14
Ok, admittedly, the last contest was a fiasco but this is a real contest, honest. There will be no reanimated judges, no secret invisible winning compositions, no fake winning free trip to a tropical paradise. Instead, here is the deal:
1. only compositions that are actually visible to all can be submitted and entered.
2. The administrator chinadoll (who will not be allowed to enter the contest) will be the sole judge.
3. Entries must be original compositions.
4. Each person entering may submit multiple compositions.
5. Any composition either already posted or newly posted between 7-18 and 10-31 may be entered. to enter, just post a composition or request that one already posted be entered.
6. Entries will be judged based on originality/novelty, humor, silliness, and fun.
7. All compositions will receive a detailed critique of at 30-50 words in length (if that matters to you) by the administrator
8. The prize for the winner will be the honor of winning.
9. The contest will end 10-31-14 and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at this site shortly thereafter.
10. of course, all this is assuming anyone actually enters the contest...
New contest 7-18-14
Hey guys I really just wanted to hear this played and if you could get your line to play this and get a recording of it I would be eternally greatful. I would love to hear how it sounds on the actual drums lol so if you have questions let me know here or on facebook
Matthew Kowalski THANKs
This is probably my favorite group. What about you? :)
i played viva la vida in an african marimba band, only knowing the melody and chords...first time i have written anything...its alright
Do you feel that there are many things to be improved on when it comes to drums on musescore? For example, musescore is unable to play rolls even when you add the tremolo. Tenors aren't an option on musescore, nor are different pitched bass drums. You could always use a drum set staff, but it would be easier to make tenors as an instrument. Also musescore should have the capability to change sounds/ instruments for one staff, for an auxilary player for example. What else could be improved when it comes to percussion?
Can somebody PLEASE make a score for Talkin out the side of your neck by Cameo, you know like the ones that the college pep bands do, it doesnt have to be terribly long but I would like all parts including percussion
Hey I have some great DCI stuff to share, but I can't because there's a limit to how much groups you can share a song with. If you can just look throug my sheet music that would be great :)
I have just created a group to compile a songbook of songs from Musescore (See group description for more detail, here's the link: http://musescore.com/groups/ultimate_songbook_of_musescore. We need all the people we can get to join, as it 30+ people to really kick start the path to publishing the song book, so it would be great for everybody to join!
Thanks in advance!
I would like to add my music to this group but, I don't know how to.