The 2014 year in review
This has been an interesting year filled with many wonderful compositions submitted to several music contests including for the best Silly composition, for the best Critter themed contest, a signature motif (still time to enter!), a tasty banana recipe contest, and exciting comments contests and discussions. Take a look at our “Laugh Silly Hall of Fame Contest Winners.”
Along the way, there have been numerous fascinating discussion topics including one asking the vital question “Is Laugh Silly a legitimate art form?” and “How long does it take you to decompose?” among others.
Members have taken the great initiative to start their own contests or discussions. Shewcrafter started a discussion called “Great Group.” Shewbacca started the Quest to find the DYDD discussion and one about funny text art. Rockn started a contest for the most annoying composition.
This has been the year of the escape by the DYDD and the courageous efforts of a few to recover the lost bird. There arose some speculation about the existence of lost Pacificus scrolls detailing an ancient civilization of Dingle Dorks as well as the possibility of the existence of other variants including the Downy Purple Dingle Dork, the carnivorous Red Tailed Dingle Dork Hawk, and the ancient 27 ton Orange Dingle Dorkasaurus.
The 2014 year in review
Quite few compositions in this group seem to be about various types of critters -toads, mosquitoes, birds, horses, does sponge bob count as a critter?- do let's have a new exciting contest. You are invited to submit your original critter composition, about any creature you want, as many entries as you want. First, second, and third place winners will be announced after Dec 15. Doesn't this sound exciting? It should since we already have some really great pieces that are of course automatically entered into the contest. As always, we like music that is funny and silly so get those compositions entered and good luck to all.
BarryP in the de-composers group posted a discussion pointing us to a great Youtube vid interpretation of the famous C# minor prelude featuring Harpo Marx. Thought I would pass this along for others to enjoy as well. enjoy.thanks BaryP
New contest 7-18-14
Ok, admittedly, the last contest was a fiasco but this is a real contest, honest. There will be no reanimated judges, no secret invisible winning compositions, no fake winning free trip to a tropical paradise. Instead, here is the deal:
1. only compositions that are actually visible to all can be submitted and entered.
2. The administrator chinadoll (who will not be allowed to enter the contest) will be the sole judge.
3. Entries must be original compositions.
4. Each person entering may submit multiple compositions.
5. Any composition either already posted or newly posted between 7-18 and 10-31 may be entered. to enter, just post a composition or request that one already posted be entered.
6. Entries will be judged based on originality/novelty, humor, silliness, and fun.
7. All compositions will receive a detailed critique of at 30-50 words in length (if that matters to you) by the administrator
8. The prize for the winner will be the honor of winning.
9. The contest will end 10-31-14 and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be announced at this site shortly thereafter.
10. of course, all this is assuming anyone actually enters the contest...
This is probably my favorite group. What about you? :)