Feel free to post your ideas on how to improve MuseScore.com or comment on other ideas.
For discussions regarding the MuseScore software, go to https://musescore.org/en/forum instead.
If you have problems with other members, comments on your scores, or anything on a more personal level, please contact us at https://musescore.com/contact
Feel free to post your ideas on how to improve MuseScore.com or comment on other ideas.
ALL MUSIC POSTS TO THIS GROUP HAVE TO BE FOR A CURRENT CONTEST!!! IF THEY AREN'T, THE POST WILL BE DELETED!!!
The next contest, Contest 2, ends April 12, 2012!
To get considered, you must have:
- compose a marching band stand tune, a whole song. MUST BE GOOD AND CATCHY!!
- have the statement "Piece for Contest" for the piece's subtitle
- Submit it to THIS group's main page under the "Sheet Music" Tab/page
- have YOUR name as the composer (first and last)
- have it submitted BEFORE April 12, 2012
More contests and opportunities will be available to the people that join this page. These opportunities will ONLY be available to the members of THIS group. Join and enter, What do you have to lose??
This contest has no affiliation with Musescore.com or any of their affiliates. If any questions do come up, please do not submit them to Musescore.com, please submit them to me in the discussions area.
READ THIS!! FOR CONTEST 2!!!
I spoke to the directors, and they agreed to hear the music next week. So the contest is extended to the 19th. And They want four (4) pieces now instead of only three (3)! So you still have time!
This is a group for groups that are for specific instrument types to join so each group can have a music-composing contest and submit their scores to this group for a final vote. Each group's winner would compete against the other groups' winners for a Grand Master Composer Winner!! The user and his/her score's name would be entered into our Hall of Fame to show our best piece of music to all the world! The winners of each group's competition would be invited to The Master Composers - Finals to show that they are the most elite of all the composers on this website.
Also, this group promotes activity and promotes any groups that join.
If you are not a part of any of these groups (see Groups discussion), then join one of them or make a group for whatever instrument you play that has not been made yet. All are welcome!
Post your best music in this group because based on your music, the group will choose the Composer of the week. Every week on Friday night (7:30 p.m.) check the comments and see if you won or not!
What is needed here is in the description. I only ask that you only post pieces made from help you recieved here. Thanks!
You can post here arrangements or your own compositions of rock/pop/any other style or movies/games themes for any ensemble
which includes saxophone(s) as lead instrument .
This is the one and only criterion for scores of the group.
Enjoy posting, commenting and playing it!
Welcome, first time with BTS?
Please feel free to contribute BTS songs! Any mashups, remakes or original songs from BTS are totally fine - it just has to be BTS related.
Let's be friendly to each other!
MuseScore Drumline - tips, tricks, questions, support, ideas, and more.
This group is for people who compose:
Every week I will pick a piece by one of you to be featured!
This is a group where we have musical battles! Everyone will chose a side and one side will be crowned the victor. Then there will be a ultimate victor of the winning group!
1. Click on the discussion with info about the next battle.
2. Read the themed sides and the requirements and pick your side.
3. Make a score with the requirements.
4. Send your song in mp3 form to email@example.com and include which side you joined and your Musescore username.
5. When the deadline is hit, voting starts. You vote for either side that you think should win, and you can vote for someone to be the ultimate victor, disregarding their side. At this time we are trying a new voting format, where you give multiple votes to multiple people. The more entries, the more votes you can give. You may absolutely not vote for yourself!
6. If you are crowned the ultimate victor of your side, you get to pick the 2 or more sides next time! You will just need to send the admins a message, and we will make the discussion!
7. Even if you don't win, you still get to post your song in the group! Just make sure you write that you submitted it to a battle in the description :)
*If you post the song on YouTube, please state what contest it is for and your Musescore username.
1. No voting for yourself to be the Ultimate Victor. (But you can vote for either side that you think should win.)
2. People cannot use scores they've finished and posted to musescore before the battle.
3. Any songs that have been entered in any battle may be posted in the group. Reference to the group and the fact it was written for the group should be contained within the description.
4. No being a mean person.
5. No bad language or inappropriate references.
7. Listen to all entries thoroughly before voting.
8. No not having fun! ^_^
Play more sheet music with the MuseScore Songbook app on your iOS device.
“The attraction of the virtuoso for the public is very like that of the circus for the crowd. There is always the hope that something dangerous will happen.”
— Claude Debussy
This group is for all the advanced piano players and composers on Musescore; if you are one of them, you should definitely join! :)
Feel free to join contests, participate in debates, answer questions, share your opinions, ask for advice, and do all of the other fun stuff that goes on here!
There is no list of rules; you just need to observe the following two warnings...
-WARNING: Discussions and/or comments that are off-topic, inappropriate, offensive, disrespectful, or any other synonym will be deleted without explanation (oh, and that includes all forms of advertisements).
-WARNING: Trolls, spammers, scammers, and other such undesirable creatures will be expelled without any warning other than this one.
We will sometimes hold contests, code hunts and word hunts for bonus points (if possible), members showdowns, doing your roles well and other events and everybody can compose for the fun of it and you don;t have to enter the contests or member showdowns, they are all optional and if you are new to word hunts, gibberish code hunts or the like, please check out this tutorial here: (NEW TUTORIAL COMING SOON)
Title says it all :D
GO ORIGINAL MUSIC!!!!! ;P
Feel Free to add a discussion! just keep it clean ;)
(Yes, I know there are hundreds of this type of group ;P)
Hey! I like listening to arrangements of popular songs, but it's now always easy to find then. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem. So, whether you're looking for a certain song, the latest song on the charts, Musescore style, or want to share your arrangement, come on in!
2016 begin again another year, more silliness, musescore discussions, contests, laughs, and serious music
We have lots of contests and tend to write fun and silly original compositions. We try to have a contest every month or so. Contest currently open include:
The Musical Signature Contest ending Jan 15-create a composition based on your name, a sort of cryptogram, assigning notes to letters. It's fun, try it.
New Year contest ending Jan 31- write a composition celebrating the new year just for fun. It can be serious or silly.
Love Song contest ending in mid February- write an original love song. It can have lyrics if you want and can be serious or silly.
March Madness contest ending April 1 appropriately- Anything goes for this contest, be creative and silly and wild and totally mad (in a nice way). Everyone welcome.
We also have a Film Music contest ending April 30. That should be fun.
Solo Instrument contest ending June 30- write an original composition for the instrument of your choice. It can be unaccompanied or with piano or orchestra if you like or, what the hey, it can be a duet or quartet or 50 harmonica band piece just so it focuses on one shining instrument.
Now, we have a Halloween Music Contest ending Oct 31 of course and already have some great entries. So join in the fun.
We also have a guess the melody contest in which you can try to name the composer and title of music from an arrangement we put together. And we have a Famous composer challenge in which you can match up the names of composers to brief descriptions about the composer. All in fun.
Members are welcome to start their own contests or discussions in this group as well.
The administrator, Chinadoll, writes comments to every composition submitted to the group and tries to include encouragement and positive critical advice or suggestions. Anyone is welcome to join.
Visit our websites at http://chinadoll123.wix.com/laugh-silly to vote for the best music composition and composer in our group and also visit the DYDD site for pure silliness and mayhem featuring the adventures of the Downy Yellow Dinge Dork, a nearly (some would say, hopefully soon) extinct bird http://chinadoll123.wix.com/dingle-dork1
Listen to more Chinadoll music (under the name dshostakovich) at https://soundcloud.com/dshostakovich
For all composer to unite through competition and raising others skills and talents!
It would be nice to not have songs other than submissions in the group but I can tolerate some not being submissions. The main reason for it is so judges can easily spot the scores submitted into the current competitions.
Thank you everyone! And be you, be true. be EPIC!!! :D
Upload your best compositions to this group and as soon as we get enough scores, we'll judge them and declare a winner! :)
There are some rules that you must follow:
1. -- Keep ALL your scores and comments clean of all foul language, lewdness, or any kind of stuff that might be considered offensive. We want to keep this competition enjoyable for everyone involved.
2. -- Scores will be judged at the deadline set in the discussions.
3. -- Any composition style or instrumentation is accepted.
4. -- Only one score can be submitted per person, per competition! any additional scores will disqualify all! (so only one at a time!)
5. -- It is required that anyone posting scores to this group put HSCC #_ after the name of their submission. If you don't, the score will not be judged.
6. -- Please keep your score under 10 minutes. Any scores over 10 minutes will be penalized (there's a 30 seconds margain of error).
7. -- Last but most certainly not least, all scores should be original compositions. However, If an arrangement is submitted, the score will be judged, but it will not receive any musicality (the themes' quality category) points.
The scores will be judged by three full-time judges:
-- Robin M. Butler
-- Dun Ought
-- Alla Polacca
and one guest judge -- currently Dillweed12345.
Works are judged in three main categories:
1. -- the quality of work itself - total of 250 points:
50 points - quality of themes
50 points - themes' development
50 points - form of the work
50 points - originality
50 points - coloristics and instrumentation
2. -- the quality of score - total of 28 points:
10 points - legibility of score
8 points - rules of scores' editing
10 points - correct use of musical terms
3. -- engagement in listening to the work - 10 points.
Grand total is 288 points. After works get those points awarded, they are converted to percents, then the percent is removed and we have nice --/100 points.
There are also some penalties that may be charged:
1. -- if the work is longer than 10 minutes - 5 points
2. -- if some parts are unplayable - up to 250 (!) points
3. -- if the work doesn't follow the editions' requirements - 10 points.
For further reading, see the constitution:
or the interpretation:
The winner receives bragging rights only. (Though once/if we get going, there may be some prizes eventually.) ;P